The Benefits of Doing Nothing ….
Relaxation is so important for your mental health and overall wellbeing. It is important to find time for you and look after yourself by, well, just doing nothing.
People who are able to relax are more likely to bounce back from tough times, tend to be happier, have better physical health and are less likely to develop mental health difficulties.
Relaxation slows down the heart rate and decreases stress levels. People who relax regularly show reductions in psychological distress such as depression, and anxiety.
Being stressed for long periods of time puts lots of stress on our bodies, especially on our adrenal glands & our hearts. Make it a habit to relax regularly and you can do this by relaxing in the bath, walking in the woods, cycling and running are like ‘moving meditation’ for some or just sit in quiet and listen to some music. Talking your body out of the ‘have to do’ cycle is so important to re-group & re-charge.
Getting a good nights sleep is important to ensure that we’re functioning our best throughout the day. Sleep is our healing time and long term effects of lack of sleep are huge on the system.
All our products at Living Better Health Superfoods have a healing property and were all used in its Founders Health Clinic for many years, before she packaged the products to make them available for individual use.
Ashwagandha is an Avyrvedic medicine, which is also known as “winter cherry” or “Indian ginseng”, this plant has been used in traditional medicine for more than 3,000 years and is believed to be able to impart long life and give a youthful vigor to the skin.
Its potent antioxidant capacity by fighting free radicals and reducing cellular damage helps to protect the skin. It also has a moisturizing effect which contributes to preventing premature aging process by firming up your skin for a younger-looking more yourthful appearance. Its calming & rejuventating effect on the bodywill assist in helping you get a good nights sleep.
Other benefits of Ashwagandha are:
1. Great for those battling stress, as it inhibits high levels of cortisol, ‘the stress hormone’.
2. The results, published in the Indian Journal of Psychological Medicine show that Ashwagandha helps promote relaxation as it is a natural adaptogen.
3. Ashwagandha is also used as an aphrodisiac as well, since it supports sexual health.
4. If you have any hormonal issues, then Ashwagandha is the product for you. It acts on the Endocrine system encouraging hormonal balance. Some studies have suggest reduction in symptoms such as hot flashes and mood swings during your monthly cycle or menopause.
5. Because of it’s calming effect, it can be extremely benefical in treating Insomina. Calming down the nervous system, which eases stress and gets rid of sleeplessness.
The best way to take Ashwagandha is to add it to your smoothie in the morning or with a warm milk alterative and honey before you go to bed.