10 top tips to help you feel more energised
1. SLEEP – This is the big one at the top of my 10 and it may sound obvious but yet can be the one that’s most overlooked. The recommendation is to get 7-9 hours of quality sleep a night for your body to feel completely energised. Try going to bed an hour earlier and reading something lighthearted to allow your mind to calm down.
2. JUST SAY ‘NO’ – Saying no once in a while can help you to recharge your batteries and to prioritise your own energy, rather than giving it away to someone else.
3. KEEP YOUR WATER TANK TOPPED UP – ‘Hydro Coach’ is a free, quick and easy app to use. You can synchronise it with your fitness tracker to help boost your fluid intake. Dehydration can cause low energy.
4. BREATHE DEEP – Try the 4-7-8 technique. Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound. Close your mouth and inhale quietly through your nose to a mental count of 4. Hold your breath for a count of 7. Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound to a count of 8. This is one breath. Now inhale again and repeat the cycle three more times for a total of 4 breaths.
5. CULTIVATE GRATITUDE – Try to find something to think or feel thankful for on a daily basis, even something small can make a huge difference to turn your day around, on any level. Focusing on what you have, rather than what you don’t have, can be positively uplifting.
6.THE GREAT OUTDOORS – We often spend too much of our lives these days cooped up indoors in closed spaces moving from the house, car and office then back to the car and house. Try to make time in any part of your day to get out into the open. Walking, even if the weather might not be so good, can be moving meditation allowing you to shed the unwanted baggage so you can pick up the luggage that you need for the day as you travel lighter.
7. GET YOUR MOJO BACK – Music is a great way to get things back on a high note when you are feeling a bit flat. Try finding a song you like to listen to that makes you smile, sing and dance, to re activate the joy inside you.
8. DO SOMETHING SPONTANEOUS – Try doing something on the spur of the moment and come away from the normal daily routine to put a bit of sparkle back into your life. You could plan something new and make it fun, like eating something you normally wouldn’t eat.
9. TALK WITH A GOOD FRIEND – Whether it is with an old or new friend, sharing with someone can be a great way to lift your energy and mood. Being around happy, motivating people can be an extremely powerful and positive thing. Look for radiators in your life rather than those who will drain you! Be gentle and kind on yourself by keeping good company.
10. DRINK SOMETHING HEALTHY & ENERGISING – Try our recommended ‘Chiaful Cherry Explosion’ Energiser superfoods blend.